Holiday Weekend Open Thread
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
Cheers to everyone who made it to Friday – woo hoo! May everyone have an amazing holiday, and I hope snow doesn’t affect anyone’s travels too much.
If you’re looking for a fun, light read in the rom-com genre, I highly recommend all of Ali Hazelwood books. Her latest, Love on the Brain, is laugh out loud funny. The heroine is a career-focused neuroscientist (with purple hair, of course), who has to work with an old enemy from grad school when she is asked by NASA to lead a neuroengineering project. (She’s also a staunch feminist who has a secret Twitter account named “What would Marie Curie do?,” where she answers questions from STEM women who are facing discrimination and general patriarchal garbage.)
Spoiler alert: the old grad school enemy is tall and handsome… and there may have been some misunderstandings.
There’s lots of snappy dialogue, feminism, neuroscience, and a bit of espionage also — it was really fun and I highly recommend. (One of my favorites of the year, for sure.)
The author has a Ph.D. in neuroscience, and is apparently a professor; she’s lived in Italy, Germany, Japan, and the U.S. She writes under a pseudonym.
Psst: stay tuned next week when we look at some of our favorite Corporette content from the past year!
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Workwear sales of note for 12.23.22: (Our favorites are in bold!)
- Nordstrom – Boots up to 60% off; dresses under $100; sweaters as low as $39
- Ann Taylor – Up to 40% off your purchase with code
- Banana Republic Factory – Up to 50% off everything; extra 20% off $100+
- Boden – Sale is here! Up to 50% off.
- Elie Tahari – End of Season Sale: Up to 60% off
- Eloquii – Up to 60% off everything; extra 50% off 2+ sale items; extra 40% off 1 sale item
- Express – 50% off all women’s styles
- J.Crew – Extra 60% off sale styles; cashmere from $69.50
- J.Crew Factory – Up to 60% off everything; extra 60% off clearance; extra 20% off $125+
- Lands’ End – The Great Winter Sale: Up to 80% off sale & clearance styles with code — reader favorite wool dresses and pants come down to under $60 (plus sizes too!); ponte dresses start at under $30.
- Loft – 30% off new arrivals; extra 50% off sale styles
- Madewell – End of Season Sale: Up to 70% off
- Neiman Marcus – Christmas Sale: Up to 60% off — more styles just added!
- Talbots – 40% off your purchase (excludes January Collection)
The post Holiday Weekend Open Thread appeared first on Corporette.com.