10 Things To Do For This Saturday in L.A. [12-3-2022]
It’s the first weekend of the last month of the year. How do you plan to start it?
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (December 3) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Enjoy your Saturday!
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Open House: The Legacy of Cacao -> LA Plaza de Cultura’s latest exhibition traces the origins of chocolate from its first reference by the Olmec civilization more than 2,000 years ago to present day through a series of precolonial objects and contemporary photographs. This Saturday, LA Plaza hosts an open house event for The Legacy of Cacao, which will include service of conchas and hot chocolate along with a variety of chocolate and chocolate-related goods for sale at LA Plaza’s Cocina’s store. Starts at noon. Free to attend. More info here.
Venice Sign Lighting -> The Venice Sign is getting the holiday treatment this Saturday, and to celebrate the occasion a portion of Windward Avenue will be closed down for a street festival, staged entertainment, and public exhibits. The event starts at 6:15 p.m., and is free to attend. Get more info here.
Holiday Sing-Along at Disney Concert Hall -> LA Phil’s holiday programming at the Walt Disney Concert Hall kicks off this Saturday with a pair of festive sing-alongs (two performances: 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.) backed by the Concert Hall’s massive pipe. Photos with Santa and free hot cocoa precede the event starting at 10 a.m. Tickets start as low as $36. Get more info on the full slate here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- This Saturday kicks off a month-long holiday celebration at Grand Central Market.
- Thinkspace Projects hosts a December opening reception for four new exhibitions that will double as a holiday party featuring DJ’d tunes, an open bar, video projections, a vape bar, tamales, an art mart curated by GoopMassta, and a toy drive.
- This Saturday, Prosperity Market stops by The Original Farmers Market to feature goods from Black farmers, food producers, entrepreneurs, artists, florists, and chefs.
- Pasadena’s South Lake Avenue kicks off the holiday season on Saturday with family-friendly activities around the district.
- Yuletide Cinemaland’s holiday slate of films at Heritage Square Museum opens this Saturday with a screening of Elf.
- The American Legion Los Angeles County Council’s 2nd Annual Tamale Festival and Car Show comes to Alhambra from noon to 6 p.m.
- Today and Sunday, Debbie Allen Dance Academy (DADA) presents its award-winning production of Hot Chocolate Nutcracker at Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!
The post 10 Things To Do For This Saturday in L.A. [12-3-2022] appeared first on .