74 degrees. Winds light and variable. Sunshine all along the way. Sounds like the perfect excuse to get outside and do something fun on this L.A. Saturday!
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (November 19) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Enjoy the weather, and make it a good one!
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Venice Winterfest -> On Saturday, the Venice Winterfest brings a one-day community festival to a three-block stretch of the Mar Vista Arts District with a selection of local vendors, art, music, food trucks, and more. Free to attend. More info here.
Don’t Tell My Mother -> This Saturday, Dynasty Typewriter hosts an afternoon of comedy where performers spill the beans on real-life drama they would never tell their their mama (so hopefully she’s not attending). The lineup includes Nikki Levy (Coming Out Party w/Shangela), Matt Marr (Reality Gays) Ashley Ray (TV, I Say) and Aiko Tanaka (America’s Got Talent). Tickets start at $20. Show begins at 3 p.m. More info here.
The Computer Accent -> What would an artificial intelligence know about making a rock record? Filmmakers Riel Roch-Decter and Sebastian Pardo endeavored to find out, as they documented the making of Yacht’s 2019 album Chain Tripping, which was produced with AI tools and in consultation with leading scientists, hackers, and computer music experts. The result of the project is at the heart of the new film The Computer Accent, which will screen this Saturday at the 2220 Arts + Archives cultural center on Beverly Blvd. A performance by Yacht follows the film screening, with the event kicking off at 8 p.m. Tickets are $21.99 to attend. Get more info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The 17th ever Great Los Angeles Walk returns with a journey that originating in the rose garden of Exposition Park, then moving through West Adams, Culver City and then on to the final destination in Venice.
- The LA Phil’s Rock My Soul festival continues this Saturday morning with a special edition the Symphonies for Youth, to preceded by an hour of art and sound activations.
- The one-day Kneaded Bread Festival comes to Natural History Museum this Saturday for a slate of performances, presentations, bread-themed exhibits, hands-on activities, and educational sessions.
- Orchestra Santa Monica opens its 10th Anniversary Season with a free two-part performance at Barnum Hall.
- The California African American Museum hosts a workshop inviting guests create a zine inspired by the latest CAAM exhibition because i am that.
- This Saturday and Sunday, indie craft market Jackalope returns to Central Park in Old Pasadena for a two-day, pop-up marketplace with over 200 vendors.
- This Saturday, educators from the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium will be on hand at the Salinas de San Pedro wetlands habitat to guide public visitors as they view the birds of the marsh, learn about native plants and observe the changes in the tides.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!
The post 10 Things To Do For This Saturday in L.A. [11-19-2022] appeared first on .