It’s the final non-holiday weekend of the year. How will you be spending it? Last minute shopping? Fun with the family? A quiet day at home…
Below you’ll find our top three picks for today (December 17) in Los Angeles followed by a bullet list of seven other quick ideas to consider. Have fun choosing your own adventure, and enjoy the day.
Things To Do For Saturday in Los Angeles
Shoreline Village Boat Parade -> This Saturday, the Shoreline Village Yacht Club hosts their 40th annual Christmas boat parade beginning at 5:30 p.m. The afternoon/evening of entertainment also includes caroling and pictures with Santa (1 to 4 p.m.), plus a live holiday band, face painting, and a snow flurry at the village (all taking place after 5 p.m.) Free to attend. Get more info here.
The Last Unicorn 40th Anniversary Art Show -> This Saturday, a new group art show pops up at Corey Helford Gallery featuring dozens of artist works inspired by the 1982 fantasy classic The Last Unicorn. In addition to contributions from some 70 contemporary artists, guests can scope out a selection of never-before-seen art from the film’s production, including restored animation frames. Saturday’s reception runs 7 to 11 p.m., and is free to attend. The exhibition remains on view through January 21. Get more info on the show here.
CAAM Kuumba Kwanzaa Celebration -> Celebrate Kuumba, the Kwanzaa principle of creativity, with a special afternoon of storytelling and zine making at the California African American Museum this Saturday. The afternoon event features songs, puppetry, and interactive programs. All ages. Free to attend. Runs 1 to 3 p.m. More info here.
Seven More Things To Do in L.A. Today
- The Los Angeles Master Chorale performs a Festival of Carols today at the Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- This is the final weekend to catch a performance of Invincible at The Wallis.
- Shogun Santa is back for his annual appearances in Little Tokyo this weekend, including stops at Japanese Village Plaza on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., as well as the Little Tokyo Galleria on Saturday and Sunday from 4 to 6 p.m.
- LACMA hosts a free workshop at Boone Children’s Art Gallery this Saturday focused on the art of brush painting.
- Rick and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland (aka the voice of Rick Sanchez) has a new art show now on view at the UTA Artist Space in Beverly Hills.
- This Saturday, The Elysian Theater in Frogtown offers an open stage event for performers looking to workshop their ensemble (meaning two or more people) material to a live audience. There will be free pizza for all who perform/attend for an hour before the show begins.
- The 14th annual Santa Monica Pub Crawl begins at 5 p.m. today, with proceeds to be donated to Westside Food Bank.
Want to get the best things to do in L.A. sent straight to your inbox? Join over 60,000 Angelenos who subscriber to our twice weekly email newsletter!
The post 10 Things To Do For This Saturday in L.A. [12-17-2022] appeared first on .